Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) Service Changes Effective Jan. 10
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) has implemented schedule changes to improve service and efficiency throughout the transit system. CHT makes changes to its schedules twice a year in response to ridership trends, changing traffic patterns, and growth in the area. These changes are made in January and August.
The changes are:
- Weekday S: Extension of the 9:50 a.m. trip from the Hospital to 54 Park and Ride, due to increased demand. This trip currently goes out of service at the Hospital.
- Weekday NS: Discontinue the 6:15 p.m. trip, due to low ridership. Trips will still be available at 6:10 p.m. and 6:25 p.m.
- Weekday F and Saturday FG: Reverse the direction of the loop on Colony Woods Drive, Fountain Ridge Road and Landerwood Lane due to safety concerns.
- New schedules are on the website and on buses.
Triangle Transit Schedule Changes Effective Jan. 10
Triangle Transit has made schedule changes to several routes to improve on-time performance. Complete information is available at www.triangletransit.org and www.gotriangle.org.
MLK Day - Monday Jan. 17
Chapel Hill Transit:
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will operate Saturday services on Monday, Jan. 17, 2011, in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. The following Saturday routes will operate: CM, CW, D, FG and JN. The Saturday U and NU routes will not operate. The Regional Call Center will be open to provide schedule information from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Customers will be able to reach the call center by calling CHT's customer service line at 919.969.4900 (press option 1). CHT administrative offices will be closed and will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 18 at 8:30 a.m. CHT will return to regular service on Tuesday, Jan. 18.
Triangle Transit will operate on a Saturday service schedule. Administrative offices will be closed for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. The following routes will operate:
- Route 100 (Raleigh-RDU Airport-RTC)
- Route 400 (Durham-Chapel Hill)
- Route 700 (Durham-RTC)
- Route 800 (Chapel Hill-Southpoint-RTC)
PX route will discontinue service after Aug. 14
Chatham County will no longer support the PX Route as of June 2011. However, the University will continue support the route until Aug. 14, 2011 so that the UNC riders are not disrupted before the end of this parking year.