After 9 p.m. and anytime our other entrances are closed, patients and visitors should be directed to use the Children’s Hospital Entrance.
Recently we have been having problems with employees letting visitors into the facility through card access entrance points after hours. This allows individuals to gain entrance to nursing units after regular visiting hours, without being screened for obtaining a visitor’s pass at the Children’s Information desk. All visitors in the facility after 9 p.m. are required to obtain and visibly display a Fast Pass visitor’s pass.
Many of our perimeter doors allow employee card access after hours for your convenience. Please do not allow unidentified individuals to “piggy back” through these doors behind you. Re-direct these individuals through the Children’s Hospital Entrance after hours.
Hospitals’ Lobby Hours
Monday – Friday Schedule:
- Women’s Entrance: 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Children’s Entrance: 24/7
- Memorial’s Entrance: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Neuroscience Entrance: 7a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Cancer Lobby Entrance: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Cancer Pharmacy Entrance: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Cancer Parking Lot Entrance: 6:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Weekends and Holidays:
- Women's: 6 a.m. - 9 p.m
- Children's: 24/7
- Memorial: closed
- Neuroscience Entrance : closed (24/7 card access to employees)
- Cancer Lobby Entrance: 5 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Cancer Pharmacy Entrance: closed
- Cancer Parking Lot Entrance: closed (24/7 card access to employees)
Once these lobbies are closed for the evenings and weekends, they become emergency exits only. Please do not force open the doors to exit. This leaves that entrance unsecured and allows unauthorized individuals to enter our facility unmonitored. If you observe that the doors have been forced open, please contact Police Dispatch (966-3686), and an officer will be sent to secure them. Help us keep UNC Hospitals a safe and secure place for everyone.