Sep 26, 2013
from 07:00 AM to 04:00 PM
|Where||Sheraton Hotel, Chapel Hill 1 Europa Dr, Chapel Hill|
|Contact Name||Cindy Taylor|
|Add event to calendar||
This is going to be a great program with speakers from both UNC and Duke and there will be concurrent outpatient and inpatient tracks as well as vendor displays so the program offers something for everyone.
The conference is conveniently located at the Sheraton Hotel in Chapel Hill. You can’t beat the price, location, or agenda! Great door prizes will also be given away. Please distribute this information to all interested staff. Contact Cindy Taylor at 919-966-0691 with any questions.
The exciting and first time collaborative effort between Duke and UNC Health Care:
7th Annual Safe Patient Handling (SPH) Conference
- Sheraton Hotel, Chapel Hill
1 Europa Dr, Chapel Hill
- Sept. 26, 2013
- Duke & UNC Health Care employees registration fee: $35
This one-day conference will include continental breakfast, buffet lunch and CEUs. To register and view the full conference agenda go to http://www.safety.duke.edu/SPH/Default.aspx.
The registration deadline is Sept. 9, 2013.
Conference highlights include:
- Keynote: Designing safe, simple, reliable patient handling products
- Clinical applications for ceiling lifts & practical tips for friction-reducing devices and sling use
- Hands-on with safe patient handling equipment at vendor exhibits
- Break-out sessions for in-patient and out-patient tracks
- Incorporate lift use for early mobilization and with pediatric patients
- Legislation and guideline updates on SPH
- Incorporate SPH into designing a clinic
For questions, contact:
@ Duke - Yeu-Li Yeung, firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-681-4440
@ UNC - Cindy Taylor, CTaylor@unch.unc.edu or 919-966-0691