I’m very pleased to announce that Carolyn Viall Donohue is UNC Health Care's Chief Nursing Informatics Officer effective immediately.
Among Carolyn’s many responsibilities, she will provide nursing oversight over all UNC Health Care information systems that assist nurses and other clinicians in the delivery of optimal patient care, education and research. She also will work closely with clinical and nursing leaders at each UNC Health Care entity to prioritize requests for the development and optimization of clinical workflows and support the development of UNC Health Care system-wide policies and procedures. Additionally, Carolyn already leads our Epic@UNC clinical workgroup.
Carolyn will report directly to me and work with the following individuals on UNC Health Care’s IT leadership team:
- John Baba, UNC Health Care Chief Technology Officer
- Michelle Gray, UNC Health Care Regional Chief Information Officer
- Don Spencer, MD, UNC Health Care Chief Medical Informatics Officer
Other IT directors working with Carolyn that have UNC Health Care system-wide responsibilities include:
- Matt Castellano, Revenue Cycle and Business
- Colleen Ebel, Information Security
- Terry Jones, Telecommunications
- Vineeta Khemani, Clinicals
- Brent Lamm, Analytics
- Randy Lopez, Customer Service
- Jennifer Saha, Epic@UNC Program Director
- Brad Wright, Operations
- Peyman Zand, Planning
Please join me in congratulating Carolyn.
- Tracy Parham, RN
Chief Information Officer, UNC Health Care