Tracy has worked at UNC Health Care for more than 30 years, and began her career as a nurse in the N.C. Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Hospitals before transitioning to a career in information technology (IT). Her expertise in both patient care and IT makes her especially well-suited for this position.
“Tracy’s leadership has been instrumental in the first few months of our Epic@UNC project and as we integrate new affiliates into UNC Health Care,” said William L. Roper, MD, MPH, dean of the UNC School of Medicine and CEO of UNC Health Care. “I look forward to working with Tracy as we continue developing an infrastructure that will allow us to access and share data seamlessly across all UNC Health Care locations.”
“After speaking with many colleagues across UNC Health Care, the UNC School of Medicine and co-workers within IT, support for Tracy is strong,” said John Lewis, UNC Health Care Chief Financial Officer. “Her outstanding efforts as interim CIO are widely appreciated and I am very confident that Tracy will continue to be an outstanding leader.”
Among Tracy’s many responsibilities, she will lead the Epic@UNC implementation efforts with assistance from the following individuals on the UNC Health Care IT team:
- John Baba, UNC Health Care Chief Technology Officer
- Michelle Gray, UNC Health Care Regional Chief Information Officer
- Carolyn Viall Donohue, UNC Health Care Associate Vice President of Nursing Informatics
- Don Spencer, MD, UNC Health Care Chief Medical Information Officer
Other IT directors working with Tracy that have UNC Health Care system-wide responsibilities include:
- Matt Castellano, revenue/business cycle
- Colleen Ebel, security
- Terry Jones, telecommunications
- Vineeta Khemani, clinicals
- Brent Lamm, analytics
- Randy Lopez, customer service
- Jennifer Saha, Epic@UNC
- Brad Wright, operations
- Peyman Zand, planning
You can view the full team of UNC Health Care Information Technology leaders in this chart.
Congratulations to Tracy on her appointment as UNC Health Care CIO!