As the holiday season is in full swing and the 2014 calendar year draws to a close, UNC Optical Shop announces the following holiday schedule:
UNC Optical Shop Holiday Schedule:
- Hours remain Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., however, the shop will close for lunch daily from 1 – 2 p.m.
- The Optical Shop will be closed the following dates:
- Dec. 24
- Dec. 25
- Dec. 26
- Jan. 1
Reminder to State Employees: Use Superior Vision Benefits by December 31st and Flex Spending Account Benefits by March 15th
- Superior Vision plan are currently based on a calendar year.
- 2014 Superior Vision plan benefits will expire on December 31.
- Benefits not used by Dec. 31 are surrendered and can not be carried over.
- On 01/02/2015, benefits will be in force for the 2015 calendar year.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account benefits for employees expire March 15 of the following year.
- 2014 Flexible Spending Account balances are lost after March 15, 2015.
- Any money not used by March 15, 2015 is surrendered and cannot be carried over.
- On March 16, 2015, only contributions elected for 2015 will be available.
- UNC Health Care employees and their immediate family members are eligible to receive a 20%* discount on frames and lenses at the UNC Optical Shop.
*20% employee and immediate family discount cannot be combined with any insurance plan or other discount plan.