Mar 07, 2014 06:00 PM
Mar 10, 2014 06:00 AM
|Where||UNC Hospitals' front entrances|
|Add event to calendar||
Please share this message with your patients/guests/colleagues and ask them to leave a few extra minutes when traveling to/from UNC Hospitals this weekend. These closures are inconvenient but necessary to ensure the safety of all patients, guests, and co-workers.
When complete, the 3 Bedtower renovation project will increase the number of beds in our Medicine Progressive Care Unit (MPCU) and Medicine ICU (MICU).
Noise, lights and other disruptions
Plant Engineering is working with our contractors to minimize noise, lights, and any vibrations as contractors erect the crane and move equipment onto the roof of the East Court roof. Please inform your patients that there may be periods of additional noise Friday early evening and Saturday during the day.
Effective 5 p.m. Friday, March 7, through 6 a.m. Monday, March 10, all patient discharges will be relocated to the Manning Level entrance of the Cancer Hospital.
Parking and Transportation for patients/guests
- View this map to see the lanes that will be blocked from 6 p.m. March 7 through 6 a.m. Monday, March 10. Hospital Police will block Hospital Drive to vehicles and place signage/barricades beginning at 6 p.m. March 7.
- Anyone dropping-off or picking-up patients will be directed to the lot below the N.C. Cancer Hospital's Manning Level entrance.
- All other persons, including those needing handicapped parking, will be directed to the Dogwood Parking Deck. Golf cart escorts will be available 24/7 March 7 - 10.
- There will be no valet parking March 8 - 9.
- West Drive near the UNC Dental School will serve as the "Kiss and Go" dropoff point March 7 - 9.
- Those who normally park in the CG lot are asked to park in Bell Tower Deck or Dogwood Deck for weekend.
- All other co-workers should use their normal parking spaces.
View this map to see the entrances/lanes that will be blocked from 6 p.m. March 7 through 6 a.m. Monday, March 10.
The pedestrian walkways/entrances to the N.C. Memorial, Children's, Women's, and Neurosciences Hospitals will be blocked during this time except in the event of an emergency. Pedestrians must enter/exit UNC Hospitals from the Cancer Hospital ground floor entrance nearest Manning Drive or from the Cancer Hospital's Manning Level entrance OR from the Old Clinic Mail Room entrance.
Lobby closure March 8 - 9
In addition to blocking roadways and entrances, UNC Hospitals' lobby concourse will be closed on Saturday, March 8, and Sunday, March 9, as materials are lifted onto the roof. Interior signage and volunteers will direct everyone to use the back hallways of UNC Hospitals to enter/exit and navigate our halls.
Please help our patients, guests, and co-workers who may be unfamiliar with using our back hallways.
Terrace Cafe closed March 8 - 9
- The Terrace Cafe will close at 5 p.m. Friday, March 7, and not reopen until 6:30 a.m. Monday, March 10.
- The Overlook Cafe will remain open until 9 p.m. Friday, and be open from 6:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Starbucks will remain open 24x7 over the weekend.