On-site registration available for UNC Hospitals and UNC REX Healthcare team for the Komen Race for the Cure

Representatives from the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will be on site next, Tuesday, April 25 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to register people for the UNC Health Care and UNC REX Healthcare team.

When Apr 25, 2017
from 11:00 AM to 01:30 PM
Where NC Cancer Hospital lobby (near Starbucks) and the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center lobby
Add event to calendar vCal
iCal

Pop-up registration sites will be set up in the NC Cancer Hospital lobby by Starbucks and in the lobby of the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.

This year’s race will be held Saturday, May 6,at The Frontier, Research Triangle Park, 800 Park Offices Drive. Employees can walk, run or sleep in for the cure by joining the UNC Health Care and UNC REX Healthcare team either in person or by visiting this link and clicking “Join our Team.” Participants may register until the day of the race.

Of the funds raised, 75 percent stays in the local 29 county service area awarding community grants to support access, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. The remaining 25 percent goes to support national research grants.

In 2016 $32 million in research grants were awarded nationally. $3 million of that came to the triangle including $2.5 million to researchers at UNC Health Care. 

Please contact Tom Maltais with UNC Health Care External Affairs at 984-974-1033 or via e-mail at tom.maltais@unchealth.unc.edu with any questions.