Friday, Nov. 16, 2012
John B. Buse, MD, PhD, division chief of endocrinology and metabolism in the University of North Carolina School of Medicine and director of the UNC Diabetes Care Center, is one of five international leaders in the field of diabetes research who will comprise the Selection Jury that will select the first-ever Prize Laureate of the Harold Hamm International Prize for Biomedical Research in Diabetes.
In conjunction with World Diabetes Day on November 14th, the Harold Hamm Diabetes Center at the University of Oklahoma held a news conference to publicly announce the names of the Selection Jury. The announcement was made by Dr. Timothy Lyons, chair of the Prize Selection Jury.
The 2013 Selection Jury is composed of:
- John Buse, MD, PhD, CDE - University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Edwin Gale, MD - University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- Barbara Howard, PhD – MedStar Health Research Institute
- Paul Robertson, MD – University of Washington
- Charles Stanley, MD - University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
For more information, please visit haroldhammprize.org.