Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Congratulations to the 2016-17 U.S. News & World Report ranked hospitals across UNC Health Care!
UNC Hospitals was nationally ranked or recognized as 'high performing' in 10 clinical categories. Four of its ranked specialties were ranked highest in the state.
Across the state, our system performed well. UNC Hospitals, UNC REX Hospital and High Point Regional Hospital ranked No. 2, No. 10 and No. 16, respectively. The full list of recognitions follows:
University of North Carolina Hospitals Rankings:
- #2 overall in North Carolina (#3 in 2015)
- #11 in Gynecology (Best in State in 2016, #25 in 2015 rankings)
- #16 in Cancer (Best in State in 2016, #32 in 2015)
- #16 in Urology (#49 in 2015)
- #17 in Ear, Nose and Throat (Best in State in 2016, #18 in 2015)
- #21 in Nephrology (Best in State in 2016, high performing in 2015)
- #23 in Diabetes and Endocrinology (high performing in 2015)
- #27 in Pulmonology (#34 in 2015)
- #41 in Gastroenterology and GI Surgery (high performing in 2015)
- High performing in Geriatrics
- High performing in Neurology and Neurosurgery
UNC REX Hospital:
- #3 overall in the Triangle (#4 in 2015)
- #10 overall in North Carolina (#11 in 2015)
High Point Regional Hospital
- #16 overall in North Carolina
In addition, N.C. Children’s Hospital has nationally ranked by U.S. News for children’s hospitals. The UNC School of Medicine is ranked the No. 2 medical school for primary care and is No. 22 for research.