These thefts include items such as cash, televisions, laptops, monitors and digital cameras. The suspect(s) have been accessing office and clinic areas afterhours with a key or ID badge, and then forcing open desk drawers and locked cabinets.
Anyone with information about any of these thefts is encouraged to contact the Hospitals Police Investigator at 966-6467.
Information may also be provided confidentially by contacting Crime Stoppers at (919) 942-7515 or through their Web site at . Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous information leading to the arrest of a suspect or recovery of stolen property.
General prevention tips also include:
- Keep offices locked when you leave
- Secure laptops, cameras, other items of value when not being used, and after hours.
- Record serial numbers for tv’s, laptops, cameras,etc. in your area.
- Ask if you can assist persons that seem lost or out of place
- Don’t keep cash in drawers or file cabinets, these can be easily forced open
- Contact Hospital Police to report suspicious persons or conditions
- Report all thefts to Hospital Police as soon as you are made aware of them