Registration is now open for the conference that will be held from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on May 4 at the Friday Center.
The target audience is primary caregivers, case managers, nurses, psychologists, counselors, social workers, substance abuse professionals, pharmacists, and specialists who have two or more patients with HIV. Each of these topics will be dealt with in short, concise talks with practical information for clinicians.
There will be two parallel sessions and participants must specify in advance the primary session. The substance abuse and mental health sessions will be useful for clinicians and case managers, physicians and nurses.
At the conclusion of the HIV Update participants should be able to:
- Become familiar with the drugs to treat HIV, focusing on the newer agents
- Discuss HIV and women
- Evaluate pharmacological issues involving HIV medications
- Discuss the dermatological issues involved with HIV
- Review and discuss cases involving HIV positive patients
- Discuss Non-HIV malignancies in the HIV patient