The faculty and staff recipients each receive $5000 and the undergraduate/graduate student/ postdoctoral scholar recipient receives $2500. Awardees are honored in a ceremony during the Carolina Women's Center's annual Women's Week Celebration.
Please submit nominations for women and men who have contributed in one or more of the following ways:
- Elevated the status of women on campus in sustainable ways;
- Helped to improve campus policies affecting women;
- Promoted and advanced the recruitment, retention, and upward mobility of women;
- Participated in and assisted in the establishment of professional development opportunities for women; and/or
- Participated in and assisted in the establishment of academic mentoring for women.
**To submit a nomination, please use the online form at: http://www.unc.edu/oira/public/women_nomination.html
All faculty and staff nominees must be permanent employees. No self-nominations will be accepted. Carolina Women's Center administrators and staff are not eligible for nomination.
The deadline for nominations is Monday, Feb. 23 at 5 p.m.
Previous award winners are:
(2008) Kay Lund, Cookie Newsom, Emily Joy Rothchild
(2007) Barbara Harris, Annette Madden, Emily Dunn,
(2006) Jan Boxill, Terri Houston, Matt Ezzell
Please contact Dr. Donna M. Bickford, Director of the Carolina Women's Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-843-5620 if you have questions
about the awards or nomination process.
**The link to the nomination form is also available on the Provost's Web site at www.unc.edu/provost and the Carolina Women's Center Web site