To improve service and efficiency throughout the transit system, Chapel Hill Transit will be implementing route and schedule changes on Monday, Jan. 12. Chapel Hill Transit makes changes to its schedules two times a year in response to ridership trends, changing traffic patterns, popular destinations and growth in the area. These changes are made in August and January.
For complete information about the route and schedule changes, call a Chapel Hill Transit customer service representative at 919-969-4900.
The changes are:
- CCX Limited Route: Stop at Columbia and Westwood Drive will be shown in printed schedules.
- D-Express Route: Stop at Cooper Square will be shown in printed schedules.
- CW Route - Weekday: Schedule times will be modified to better match traffic conditions and improve schedule adherence.
- FCX Route: All trips after 7:00 p.m., leaving Manning Drive for the Friday Center, will also serve the Hedrick Building and the 54 Park and Ride Lots.
- V Route: One added trip will leave Manning Drive at UNC Hospitals for Southern Village at 2:15 p.m
- S Route: New schedules will be printed.
- D Route: The 9:40 a.m. trip will terminate on West Drive at the Lineberger Center at 10:55 a.m.
- Safe Ride G Route: Bus will travel both directions along Raleigh/South Road, no longer serving the University Mall area, providing more direct access between Finley Forest, Meadowmont, Glen Lennox, Campus and downtown Chapel Hill.
- Safe Ride JV Route: Service frequency on the J portion of the route will be increased to every 15 minutes, providing improved service between downtown Chapel Hill and downtown Carrboro. The V portion of the route will be eliminated due to reduced demand.
New schedules are now available on buses.