Jun 23, 2009
from 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM
|Where||307 Health Sciences Library (computer lab)|
|Contact Name||Susan Gramling, MSLS|
|Add event to calendar||
Susan Gramling, GrantSource Librarian, will provide time-saving tips for conducting a funding search and an overview of resources and services available to investigators through the Library. Each participant will have access to a computer for searching.
In this interactive short course, you will learn how to:
- Make the most effective use of the COS and Sponsored Programs Information Network (SPIN) multidisciplinary funding opportunity databases;
- Set up a customized funding alert via COS and other funding alert services;
- Search for funding using specialized funding resources such as NIH Guide and others;
- Identify UNC internal funding opportunities; and
- Research actual funded awards made by NIH, EPA, AHRQ, and other sponsors.
Seating is limited to 20 participants, and advance registration is requested at http://cfx.research.unc.edu/res_classreg/browse_single.cfm?New=1&event_id=22008. Your registration will be confirmed by email. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 962-3463.
Graduate students should attend one of the GrantSource Library's workshops specifically designed for graduate students. See http://research.unc.edu/grantsource/workshops_help.php