Better Hearing Workshop
The Better Hearing Workshop, lead by the UNC Hearing and Communication Center, is a 4-week series designed to provide information about hearing loss and hearing aid use, as well as communication strategies that would be useful for the primary communcation partner. These workshops address many frequently asked questions including:
- What does a hearing test reveal and what are the implications of hearing loss on communication?
- If one needs hearing aids, what options are there and which are the best?
- How can one better maintain hearing aids to extend their life?
- Why do people with expensive digital hearing aids still say "What?"
- What other ways can one improve hearing in difficult listening situations?
The series begins Thursday, Oct. 22 and continues Oct. 29, Nov. 5 and Nov. 12 from 2 - 3:30 p.m. The series costs $35.
"Supper in a Snap" Chef Series - Lecture One
The first lecture will be Monday, Oct. 26 from 6:30 - 8 p.m. Peggy Bloodsworth is the owner of Entrée Vous at South Point. She offers the convenience of a home cooked meal at a reasonable price. Peggy believes that serving great food makes people happy and adds to the quality of one's life. She will be presenting a heart healthy dish that is bursting with flavor, but easy on the waistline.
The cost is $10 for members, per-class, $15 for non-members, per-class.
Clickfor the UNC Wellness Center Web site. The phone number is (919) 966-5500.