Reminder: Donate platelets and enter to win Hurricanes tickets

Donate platelets between Dec. 15 and Dec. 31 and register to win Carolina Hurricanes tickets in January. The first game will be Jan. 3. The more you donate, the more chances you will have to win.

Students are packing up and headed home to celebrate the holidays with their families. While they celebrate, we struggle to find platelet donors. More than 70 percent of our donors are students. That only leaves 30 percent of our donor base available in December to help meet the need at UNC Hospitals.  If you have any spare time, we would love for you to drop in for a couple of hours and donate platelets.

Please come in and donate and also post and share this flyer. UNC Health Care Blood Donation Center hours are:
•    Monday-Thursday 8 a.m to 6 p.m
•    Friday 8 a.m to 2:30 p.m
***The evening time listed is when the last donor is taken

You can make an appointment by:
•    contacting the Blood Donation Center at (919) 966-2370
•    e-mailing platelet@unch.unc.edu
•    scheduling an appointment online at www.unchplateletdonation.genbook.com


Filed under: