In addition, UNC Health Care has promoted Steve Yeatts from assistant director of hospital managed care to director for hospital managed care and payor contracting.
In an agreement with Chatham Hospital, Blackwell will remain in vice president’s position at UNC Health Care for 25 percent of his time with the remaining 75 percent dedicated to Chatham Hospital.
Blackwell first came to UNC Hospitals in 1981. Since then he has held positions as assistant director of the Hospital Managed Care Office, network development specialist, manager of budgets and supervisory roles within the McLendon Laboratories. Blackwell has a Bachelor of Science degree in medical technology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a master’s degree in business administration from UNC-Greensboro, and is a certified public accountant.
In Yeatts’ new role, he will lead the managed care function for all hospitals within the UNC Health Care network, including UNC Hospitals, Rex Healthcare and Chatham Hospital.
Yeatts has served as an assistant director of hospital managed care at UNC Health Care since August 1997. Prior to joining UNC Health Care, he held supervisory positions with Kaiser Permanente, Options Mental Health and Travelers. He has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the College of William and Mary and a master’s in business administration from Emory University.