UNC will again subsidize an annual pass allowing unlimited trips on the
PX route to commuting students (outside the two-mile radius and living
within route boundaries) and permanent UNC University or Hospital staff
who join the Commuter Alternative Program and select the PX Chatham
route as their primary commute mode.
This option will be available from the CAP registration site – www.dps.unc.edu - as of July 27, 2010. Those who have waited to register for CAP until this issue was resolved may now do so.
Those who joined 10/11 CAP since July 15, 2010 and selected a different primary commute mode should take the following steps:
1. Wait until CAP materials are received in the mail at the address given upon registration.
2. Bring the CAP packet to the Department of Public Safety (University commuters) or Hospital Transportation Office (Hospital commuters). The return of the packet will be recorded.
3. Return to the CAP registration site and register choosing the PX Chatham as primary commute mode.
4. It will permit the choice of PX Chatham for new registrants and those who have returned the packet.
5. Allow 5-7 days for the new CAP packet containing the annual PX pass to arrive.