Honors & Awards
Six UNC OB/GYN physicians named among "America's Top Doctors:" Dr. Daniel Clarke-Pearson, Dr. Wesley Fowler, Dr. Marc Fritz, Dr. John Soper, Dr. John Steege and Dr. John Thorp.
UNC Hospitals ranked Top North Carolina hospital by Leapfrog for the least rate of elective deliveries at 39 weeks.
Dr. Victoria Bae-Jump was selected by the Gynecologic Cancer Foundation (GCF) Awards Committee to receive the 2010-2011 GCF/Florence & Marshall Schwid Ovarian Cancer Research Grant in the amount of $50,000 for her research entitled “Cross-species investigation of the impact of obesity on ovarian cancer pathogenesis”.
Dr. Daniel Clarke-Pearson has been appointed to a 3-year term as a member of the Executive Board of the American Congress of Obstetricians & Gynecologists.
At the annual meeting for the Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine, the following appointments were made:
- Dr. Kim Boggess was elected to the Board of Directors
- Dr. William Goodnight was elected Vice Chair of the Informatics Committee
- Dr. Kathryn Menard elected President
- Dr. Alison Stuebe was elected to Chair the Communications Committee
- Dr. Denniz Zolnoun
- Has been selected as an expert reviewer for the AHRQ report entitled "Comparative Effectiveness of Treatments for Chronic Pelvic Pain in Women".
- Received a pilot grant for $29,000 on "Sensory information processing and VVS" and written in collaboration with Dr Mark Tommerdahl in biomedical engineering has been funded via a foundation mechanism
To see the February updates on the blog, presentations, and publications, click here.