Services will include the following:
- Individualized assessment and treatment plans with a multidisciplinary team
- Group therapies including behavioral, psycho-educational, art and mindfulness
- Biofeedback therapy
- Mother-infant attachment therapy
- Family and partner assisted interpersonal psychotherapy
- Therapeutic yoga geared for pregnancy and postpartum women
- Protected sleep times
- Extended visiting hours to maximize positive mother-baby interaction
- Gliders for pumping and nursing in patient rooms
- Hospital grade breast pumps, refrigeration and freezer storage
- Lactation, Nutrition and OB-GYN consultants.
Samantha Meltzer-Brody, MD, MPH is the Director of the Perinatal Psychiatry Program, part of the UNC Center for Women’s Mood Disorders. Referrals can be made by calling the Psychiatry Admissions Office at 919-966-8721. There will be a Grand Opening Event on Sept. 15 at 3 p.m. in the Neurosciences Hospital Lobby.
Please see our website for more details at www.womensmooddisorders.org.