from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
The interactive “NHL Legacy Classroom” at North Carolina Children’s Hospital will commemorate 2011 NHL All-Star Weekend, the League’s midseason spectacular and the first held in Raleigh, and will feature innovative communications tools that will allow young patients to connect to family, friends, schools and teachers anywhere in the world during a hospital stay, including presenting sponsor Cisco System’s advanced video conferencing capabilities and WebEx tools, and a SMART Board and a SMART Table, provided by SMART Technologies.
Several big names in hockey will be there to dedicate the room:
- Cam Ward (Carolina Hurricanes), Danny Briere (Philadelphia Flyers), NHL All-Stars
- Rod Brind’Amour, Aaron Ward and Willie O’Ree, NHL Alumnus
- Gary Bettman, NHL Commissioner
- Jim Rutherford, President & General Manager, Carolina Hurricanes
- Pat LaFontaine, NHL Hall of Famer and President, Companions in Courage