from 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
The process of writing and publishing will be presented along with keys to productivity to assist you in writing for publication. This May 9 workshop is for all health professionals and is focused on people whose native languages are from Asia. See a flyer here.
- Introduction to types of articles including theoretical articles, clinical articles, education articles, review articles, research reports
- Revising and editing your manuscript including getting published, how to find a journal, what it takes to get published
- The process of writing
- Shaping an article for publication
- Keys to productivity
- The fine points of writing
- The process of publishing
About the teacher: Elizabeth M. Tornquist, MA, FAAN
For over 30 years, Elizabeth Tornquist has taught scientific writing to nurses, physicians, and public health professionals. She continues to provide editorial consultation and assistance on technical and scientific writing to nurses, physicians and health care professionals around the country, as well as internationally.
Cost: $49 for students, $64 for non-students
Location: Carrington Hall, Rm 104, UNC-CH School of Nursing
For more information contact the School of Nursing Center for Lifelong Learning (CLL):
Phone: (919) 966-3638
Register at http://nursing.ce.unc.edu/schedule.php?ce=INST