from 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
The Communicating Health Information Workshop will introduce participants to the concepts of health communication, dissemination, and advocacy and demonstrate the role that each plays in improving community health. This workshop will also offer strategies for identifying and reaching your audience and creating communication materials that target their specific needs.
By the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define health communication and its role in individual and community health promotion
- Describe strategies to identify and reach a specific audience
- Create or access health communication materials for a specific audience
- Locate important health information to describe or justify the health issue and strengthen the health communication
- Explain the role of health communication in dissemination and implementation of best practices