Again this fiscal year the School of Medicine will award Bridge Funding to provide continued support for successful research projects that suffer a lapse in funding. This is the first round of applications for this fiscal year. There will be two more rounds [January and April] this fiscal year. The deadline for this round of application submissions is Friday, Oct. 5, 2012. Investigators eligible for funding in this round should have had a competing renewal application for an R01 or equivalent grant reviewed after April 1, 2012. Eligibility criteria:
- The application has been reviewed and received a written critique.
- The PI has no more than 2 active R01s or the equivalent level of funding.
- The PI does not have additional sources of lab support, e.g. trust fund.
- If the grant’s NIH number identifies the grant as a ‘new’ grant, the PI must submit evidence that this grant is a repackaged version of previously funded research.
- The department agrees to match the funding from the Dean’s Office.
Bridge funding will not be provided for faculty submitting a first-time R01 based on research from a K grant.
To apply for this program, you MUST submit your current 3 - 4 page NIH biosketch, the research section of the original grant application, the NIH critique, a draft of the rebuttal that will be submitted with the revised application and a proposed budget for the bridge funds. The maximum amount of the award from the Dean’s Office is $50,000. In addition, you must include a letter of support from your chair or center director that pledges a dollar-for-dollar matching commitment. Applications missing any of these items will not be reviewed. The deadline for submission of applications is 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5, 2012 and awards will be announced by the end of November 2012. Electronic versions of the application material are required. Submit applications to: Dede Corvinus, G060 Bondurant (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please call Dede with any questions, 966-8089.