Oct 13, 2013
from 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM
|Where||Angus Barn, Raleigh|
|Contact Name||Jennifer Hornaday|
|Add event to calendar||
The Foundation for Hope holds the annual Walk for Hope to fund local scientific research to find causes, cures, and more effective treatments for mental illness. This is a fantastic opportunity to support those living with mental illness in the community, as well as those who are working to study and treat those illnesses. The proceeds from the Walk for Hope are awarded as “seed” money for ground-breaking, innovative UNC Psychiatry research and treatment projects!
Want to run instead of walk? The Run for Hope begins at 8:00 am (if you would like to be chip-timed in the Run for Hope, please click here to register through the FS Series website). Either way, stick around afterwards for free food, music, entertainment, kids’ activities and more!
The UNC Department of Psychiatry has a 2013 Walk fundraising goal of $7,000– help us meet that goal by donating to the UNC Psychiatry team! Fundraising by participants can be done via credit cards online, cash or check. Each walker/runner is responsible for raising a minimum of:
$60.00 – Adults
$30.00 – Children under 12 and Full-time Students
$150.00 – Family Pack (includes 5 family members; each member must be registered individually, then one lump sum payment can be made)
Raffle tickets are available– you could win 2 roundtrip domestic tickets on American Airlines, a $75 gift certificate to 42nd Street Oyster Bar, or a $500 gift certificate to Patio Pro! Raffle tickets are $1/each, or $5/6 tickets or $20/25 tickets. See Jennifer Hornaday to purchase raffle tickets or to get raffle ticket books to sell.
There are 3 walk options and 2 run options for participants:
Walk/Run: 10k loop (6.2 mile) from Angus Barn through the William B. Umstead Park and back to the Angus Barn
Walk/Run: 5k loop (3.1 mile) from Angus Barn to the Umstead Park Visitors Center and back to the Angus Barn
Walk: 1 mile family-friendly hike around the lake at the Angus Barn Pavilion
To join the UNC PSYCHIATRY team:
1) Go to www.walkforhope.com
2) Click on “Register” and “Create a new account” (or if you created an account last year – 2012 – you can “Log In”)
3) Enter your personal information to create your page and set your fundraising goal
4) Search for an existing team – team name is UNC Psychiatry; then click “Join UNC Psychiatry”
5) The system will ask you to verify the team you are joining; please ensure that the team name is UNC Psychiatry and that Jennifer Hornaday – Team Captain is listed under “Team Members”
To donate to the UNC PSYCHIATRY team:
1) Go to www.walkforhope.com
2) Click on “Donate”, then “Donate towards a Team or individual goal”
3) Search for UNC Psychiatry, then click on “Sponsor UNC Psychiatry-TEAM”
Contact Jennifer_hornaday@med.unc.edu or 919-445-0230 for more information/assistance with joining the team, to purchase raffle tickets, or to donate to the UNC Psychiatry team. Please share this fundraising information with your friends, families, Facebook contacts, Twitter followers, everyone! Thank you for your participation and support of this important event!