School of Medicine and UNC Health Care employees from all affiliates are eligible to apply. Applications are due Jan 14th, 2015 and as many as four awards of up to $50,000 each will be announced in early March.
The Center is interested in proposals within the UNC Health Care System across a broad spectrum of interest areas, including:
- Innovative care delivery models and pathways (e.g., population health management, coordination of care, integration of care, novel patient engagement approaches);
- New technology deployments and new applications for existing technologies (e.g., applications, mobile apps, devices, decision support);
- Advanced analytics (e.g., clinical risk assessment, event prediction and detection, health outcomes analysis);
- Business model innovations (e.g., financial incentives, new reimbursement models, changes to cost structure);
- Alternative staffing and new workforce development
Health care delivery innovation, quality/cost improvement projects and translational research projects are all encouraged. Translational research may include studies of post-lab, human-ready, actionable scientific discoveries; pre-clinical translational studies; and comparative effectiveness research.
Click here to learn more.