The UNC Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations has identified the following private funding opportunity:
Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance - General Research Grant
FARA is accepting LOIs from qualified investigators for projects that target FARA’s research priorities:
- Advance understanding of neuroscience / neuro systems – understanding the neurodegeneration of FA and implications for therapies
- Advance drug discovery -- Highest priority in this category will be given to genetic, epigenetic and protein approaches that target increasing frataxin levels
- Facilitate the drug development process and translational research so that the most promising discoveries are rapidly brought to treatment trial -- Highest priority in this category will be given to IND-enabling studies, biomarker discovery and validation, early phase or pilot clinical studies
- Advance clinical research – natural history, discovery and validation of clinical outcome measures and/or biomarkers, identification of early (including pre-symptomatic) quantifiable clinical features, patient reported outcomes, investigator-initiated clinical trials, or evidence-based clinical treatment guidelines -- Highest priority in this category will be given to clinical research that utilizes or expands resources of the Collaborative Clinical Research Network in FA
- Reduce the morbidity and mortality caused by cardiac disease in FA
FARA only funds direct costs; no indirect costs will be awarded. For list of previous award recipients, please visit http://www.curefa.org/grant.
Letter of Intent Deadline: Feb. 1, 2016. Invited full proposals will be due April 1, 2016. Application guidelines for the award are here.
The UNC Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations is available to provide assistance in pursuing privately funded opportunities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 919-962-3423.