Mar 07, 2017
from 08:00 AM to 12:30 PM
|Where||Center for School Leadership Development|
|Add event to calendar||
This course presents conversations all faculty leaders have:
- Recognition and Encouragement: “May I Give You Some Feedback?”
- Change: Sudden and Anticipated… (“Change is Good: You Go First!”)
- Project Initiative: “I Need Your Help To….”
- Evaluation: The Coffee Cup Conversation
- Leading “Up”: When Your Boss Needs Your Help (and may not know it)
Throughout this interactive session, attendees will receive a useful overview of what faculty leaders do and what they can do with useful conversations. Leading with engagement, focus and cooperation will be among the skills, the elements of a most useful tool belt, that successful leaders use to ensure progress during difficult times with sometimes difficult situations…and people!
This interactive course will provide the opportunity to learn from successful leadership initiatives; both in theory and practice, as well as an opportunity to learn from ones own experience as well as that of your fellow participants.
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Determine the right tools to use at the right time to initiate successful conversations.
- Understand the psychology of the team faced with anticipated as well as sudden change and how to talk with them.
- Develop an interior plan, an internal GPS, to guide you through unanticipated responses from others.
- Create a way to involve others from the beginning to ensure buy in from even those most fearful of change and collaboration.
About the Presenter:
Kevin E. O’Connor, CSP is a speaker, consultant, and educator specializing in working with medical and scientific professionals who are charged with leading their peers.
Kevin is a 30-year faculty member for the American College of Physician Executives (ACPE) now the American Association for Physician Leadership (AAPL). As well as a faculty member of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE).
With graduate degrees in education, counseling psychology, and spirituality, Kevin’s expertise focuses on the challenges of leadership, business relationships, and the effectiveness of teams. Kevin is a CSP – Certified Speaking Professional.
Fewer than 700 people in the world hold this certification for speaking and teaching excellence. Kevin has authored seven books, his latest on facilitation of groups, and speaks to health care groups over 110 times per year. Kevin also teaches graduate students at Loyola University of Chicago and has taught at Columbia College, the nation’s largest performing arts school.