Easter Transit Service
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will operate Saturday service on Friday, April 2, in observance of the Good Friday holiday. The Saturday routes in operation include: CM/CW, DM, FG and JN. The Saturday U and NU routes will not operate. Employees assigned to work on this day may park on campus and in the deck.
- On Saturday, April 3, the U and NU routes will not operate and will start at 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 4.
- Safe Rides will operate as normal on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- The Regional Call Center will be open to provide schedule information from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, April 2. Customers will be able to reach the call center by calling CHT’s customer service line at (919) 969 - 4900 (press option 1) or by calling (919) 485 - RIDE (7433).
- CHT administrative offices will be closed and will reopen on Monday, April 5 at 8:30 a.m.
CHT will return to regular service on Monday, April 5.
For more detail on Chapel Hill's current schedule, call Chapel Hill Transit at (919) 969-4900 or visit . To see a complete Chapel Hill Transit Guide booklet that includes park & ride maps, all routes, holiday service information, .
Triangle Transit and PART details
The Triangle Transit Customer Service phone number is 485-RIDE. Its Web site is . to see the Triangle Transit service calendar. Triangle Transit operates regional service from 6 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. on Saturdays. Triangle Transit does NOT operate bus or shuttle service on Sundays.
Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation serves the counties west of Orange County. There is a wealth of information about PART services . For information about public transportation in Chatham County, please go to the Chatham Transit Network’s newly revised Web site .
Transit Changes in Progress
Chapel Hill Transit, Durham Area Transit Authority (DATA), and Triangle Transit have been working together to develop service change proposals that would better coordinate the service options provided in the US 15-501 corridor between Chapel Hill and Durham.
Public meetings are scheduled to discuss the proposed changes:
- Chapel Hill Bible Church: March 24, 4 - 6 p.m.
260 Erwin Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- Triangle Transit Offices: March 25 from 4 - 6:30 p.m.
4600 Emperor Blvd, Durham NC 27703, Board Room
Route adjustments to Chapel Hill Transit, DATA and Triangle Transit routes will result from the proposals. For details on which routes are affected and more visit the Chapel Hill Transit Web site . To see the information as presented on the Triangle Transit Web site, visit: .
We encourage you to find out more. Go to one of the meetings, visit the Web site links. Leave your comments on the Service Planning Public Comment Line at (919) 485-7526.