This is a reminder from the UNC Department of Public Safety (DPS) that the Dogwood Deck on Manning Drive and Ambulatory Care Center (ACC) Lot off Mason Farm Road are reserved for hospital and dental school patients and visitors only on weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that adequate parking is available for patients and visitors to UNC Health Care and UNC Dental facilities.
Given that employees and students may have appointments and legitimate needs for accessing these parking facilities, DPS requests that UNC Campus and UNC Hospitals’ employees and students attending to medical needs obtain a hangtag to identify them as patients / visitors. This will enable DPS staff to monitor the parking facilities without inadvertently ticketing anyone parking in the deck for a valid healthcare reason.
Temporary hangtag parking permits may be obtained in one of the following ways:
- Booth attendant at the Ambulatory Care Center off Mason Farm Road;
- Dogwood Parking Deck office, just inside the East Drive entrance;
- Public Safety Building customer service window (DPS is atop Hardin Drive off Manning Drive, open weekdays, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.);
- Contact DPS in advance at (919) 962 – 3951 to have the hangtag mailed prior to your medical appointment;
- UNC Hospitals’ Parking Office (3rd Floor Neuroscience 966-1031).
PLEASE NOTE: Those attending unplanned appointments or emergencies may contact DPS at 962-3951 and provide license plate information so that your vehicle is not cited.
UNC students and employees interested in requesting permit parking should contact DPS; UNC Health Care employees should contact UNC Hospitals’ Parking Office.
The cooperation of the UNC community enables DPS to serve the interest and mission of UNC Health Care.