Thank you to the thousands of co-workers who kept UNC Hospitals up and running this week while we received approximately 8 inches of snow/ice within a 24-hour period! Your dedication to our patients and each other is greatly appreciated.
A few quick notes about the storm and your incredible response:
- We greatly appreciate everyone who traveled into work during the winter weather. Thanks also to those who helped out before/after their shifts in many ways large and small.
- Almost 1,000 co-workers slept at UNC Hospitals either before or after their shift this week to ensure their safety and adequate staffing – thanks to these individuals and also thanks to our Emergency Preparedness team, nursing team, and all of our support services teams for leading the coordination that made our “Accommodations Center” possible.
- We greatly appreciate those who came to work prepared with a “travel bag” of food, linens, toiletries. With ourselves taken care of we could focus completely on our patients/guests.
- Many people behind the scenes and across the Triangle helped keep the hospital stocked with supplies and keep our ISD systems running, among other actions.
- Many thanks also to our partners at the University, School of Medicine, town of Chapel Hill, Chapel hill Transit, and others who helped us during this storm.
This was a unique winter storm that hit us quickly. Thank you for being prepared, responding positively and helping keep UNC Hospitals running smoothly!
- View the latest weather updates.