Care Everywhere is a piece of Epic@UNC that allows us to review records for patients from other organizations that use Epic. On Wednesday, April 29, ISD will activate a Care Everywhere “auto-query” function to help eliminate the need for providers to manually request these outside records for most patients.
Auto-query search parameters:
The auto-query searches records from all North Carolina hospitals using Epic (Duke, WakeMed, Vidant, Novant, New Hanover, Wake Forest, etc.) and also within a 50-mile radius from the patient’s home/work address (for out-of-state patients) for the following criteria:
- Patient has upcoming scheduled outpatient appointments (through a search run nightly for the following day’s appointments)
- Starting Tuesday, May 5, 2015, for any patients where any of the following events occur:
- Patient arrives at the ED
- Patient is admitted to an inpatient stay (including surgical patients)
- Patient arrives for walk-in appointment
- Patient arrives for an appointment scheduled after the nightly search
Note that the auto-query only establishes a link to Care Everywhere records. The user must still request the documents using the process outlined with screenshots in this Tip Sheet (Intranet link).