The Access Request Center (ARC) went live on Monday, Feb. 1. All UNC Medical Center and School of Medicine users that require additional access should now use ARC to submit their requests. The Identity & Access Management (IAM) team will process SARFs submitted prior to Feb. 1 – you do not need to resubmit these request in ARC.
Managers, Directors, and Senior Executives have started receiving ARC approval notification for access requests submitted by their employees. If you receive an email approval request for an employee that does not or no longer reports to you, please do not deny or approve the request. Instead, we kindly ask that you forward the request to firstname.lastname@example.org; this will allow us to correct the employee/manager relationship in ARC and process the request without further delay.
The Access Request Center can be accesses in one of three ways:
- By using your web browser to visit this link while on the UNC Health Care network
- Via Citrix, under the Access Request Center folder
- A link on the right hand side of the Intranet@Work
Recording of Training sessions
For those that could not attend the training sessions available prior to go-live, there are two options available to help you get familiar with the new system:
- Recordings of the WebEx training sessions: (WebEx recording requires WebEx Video Player)
- Requester training [Webex recording] [slides only] (By Brian Purcell)
- Approver Training [Webex recording] [slides only] (By Colleen Ebel)
- Online CBT’s that walk you through the following actions:
The implementation of ARC is a leap forward for the Information Security Office’s goal of providing the UNC Health Care System with expedited and compliant access provisioning. As with any new implementation, there is the possibility that we will encounter unexpected issues. Your understanding and patience during this time of transition is greatly appreciated. As always, you may reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.