Please review the steps below needed to either cancel a Lab Order or submit a Result Correction Request.
Cancelling Lab Orders:
- UNC Health Care Lab Orders
If collection documentation has been completed but the specimen was not obtained for UNC Health Care Lab specimens, contact your local lab to request a test be cancelled. (Users outside of the lab cannot cancel orders via Order Inquiry.)
- LabCorp or other External Lab Orders
Submit Chart Correction through Epic@UNC (Epic button>Submit Chart Correction)
- If specimens are not collected or labels not printed, go to Order Entry to cancel the order.
Result Correction Requests:
- UNC Health Care Lab Resulting Agency – Contact local lab
- Point of care or scanned results (not performed by UNC Health Care Lab Resulting Agency)
- Scanned result report to wrong patient HIM corrects – Submit Chart Correction
- Point of care collected/documented on wrong patient – Submit Chart Correction
Note: Result corrections are not performed by ISD. Please do not submit an incident through the ISD Service Desk.