The National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPAUP) recently changed the terminology and updated the stages of pressure injury and definitions. To reflect these updates, several updates were made in Epic@UNC.
- The Pressure Ulcer Line, Drain, Airway (LDA) in Epic@UNC has been updated to “Pressure Injury.”
- A row has been added to document notification of a Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP) regarding pressure-related injury.
- Definitions for staging the injury has been updated.
- Change the stages from Roman to Arabic numerals.
- Removed “NA – Not a pressure ulcer” option.