Skip to main content

Have questions about benefits changes? Find general information and answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about new coverage and 2018 elections at this link.

Have questions about benefits changes? Find general information and answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about new coverage and 2018 elections at this link.


“Where’s my 2018 health insurance card?”

  • If you didn’t change plans (moving from 70/30 to 80/20, for example) no new health insurance cards are issued. You should continue to use the cards you were sent in 2017.
  • If you lost your health insurance cards, you can request additional ones by calling 855-859-0966 or creating a BlueConnect account at After logging into HR InTouch, click “Enroll Now” and find the BlueConnect link on the left side of the page.

“What happened to my vision coverage?”

  • Remember: we changed vision providers on Jan. 1, 2018, from Superior Vision to EyeMed. New ID cards were mailed to participants the last week of 2017.
  • Providers may verify coverage at 866-248-1939
  • Members can access claim information and print additional ID cards by registering at

“Why is one of my children missing from my vision plan?”

  • Due to privacy guidelines, EyeMed only shows family members who are under 18. Anyone 18 or older will need to register for his or her own account.

“Why didn’t I receive a debit card for my flexible spending account?”

  • You will not receive a new card every year, only when the previous one expires. Flexible spending account debit cards are valid until their expiration date.

“Why didn’t I get dental ID cards?”

  • MetLife dental does not issue member ID cards. Instead, they ask that in-network providers look you up in their database using their SSN. Telling your dental provider you’re with MetLife should be sufficient to ensure coverage.
  • If you would prefer to print your own ID card, you may
    • Go to
    • Enter NC Flex in the field for Account Sign in
    • Click on Register Now
    • Once you have an account, you can log in and click the link for Print Your Dental ID Card.

General Information about Coverage Changes in the 2018

Please review your next paystub very carefully to make sure your 2018 insurance elections are accurately deducted from your paycheck. This includes:

Health Insurance

  • Since premiums are deducted a month in advance, the effects of new health insurance elections should have already been seen in December paycheck. so this is just a reminder that such changes have already taken place.
  • Please keep in mind the State Health Plan is only willing to address errors in the month of January, after that you’re locked in until open enrollment for 2019.
  • If you didn’t change plan options, you will NOT be receiving new member ID cards. If you would a like new member ID card, one can always be requested by calling 855-859-0966

EyeMed Vision Care

  • Coverage by EyeMed Vision Care begins Jan. 1, 2018, replacing Superior Vision.
  • If you are enrolled in EyeMed Vision Care, you should have received a welcome packet and cards in the mail the last week of 2017.
  • You can visit to find a provider and/or review benefit details, or print additional ID cards.

Life Insurance

  • If you enrolled or made a change to you or your spouse’s Voya policy greater than $20,000, Evidence of Insurability (EOI) forms have been sent out to you and your spouse for completion. Until these are completed and approved, the requested coverage election is not in place.
  • If you do not receive an EOI form but believe you should have, contact LifeHelp for Voya customer service: 877-464-5111
  • If you have a 5th birthday this year (i.e., 30, 35, 40, 45, etc.) you will see a rate increase on your Flex Life in January. Our plan has five year rate bands, which means your premiums increase with every 5th year of age.

Supplemental Retirement

  • If you participate in a supplemental retirement account (401k, 457b), the limits have increased by $500 for 2018. Under the age of 50 you can contribute up to $18,500; age 50 or above, you can contribute $24,500 for the year. If you would like to increase the amount you currently contribute: