View updates from HR this week, including details on the PTO Sell Back Period open through Dec. 1, info on Fidelity resources, a Fidelity info session Nov. 27 in Chapel Hill, a Fidelity info session Dec. 3 in Hillsborough, multiple TIAA webinar sessions in early December, and a TIAA on-site info session on Dec. 11 in Chapel Hill.
PTO Sell Back Period November 1 – December 1
UNC Medical Center will offer Paid Time Off (PTO) sell-back election periods quarterly to employees.
To be eligible for the sell-back options, employees must have at least 88 hours of PTO available. Employees are eligible to automatically receive a sell-back based on their election of 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of all hours over 80 with a minimum of eight hours required for distribution.
An employee electing to sell-back hours during the sell-back period will receive 90 percent of the base rate cash value of requested PTO sell-back hours at the time of distribution. A 10 percent forfeiture of cash value is necessary to make this plan compatible with IRS regulations regarding taxability. Click here for more details.
Please note the following information about the PTO sell-back periods:
- • An online Sell Back Election form must be submitted during the election month in order to receive a PTO sell-back distribution. Employees will receive an email and online confirmation that their election was received for processing. The submission of the Sell Back Election form does not limit the use of the PTO during any period. If no election form is submitted, then the employee is assumed to not have elected to use PTO sell-back for that election period.
- • Employees on the Traditional Leave Program will have an opportunity to request conversion to PTO Leave (click here for comparison). These employees may also request a sell-back following the PTO conversion.
Fidelity Resources Available to All Employees
- • Savings Trends to be Thankful For
- • Minimum Required Distribution Calculator
Fidelity Session in Med Wing C
A Fidelity representative will be available on-site Tuesday, November 27th from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the Medical School Wing C (old Motel) Room 102 for one-on-one appointments and education sessions. Please register at www.fidelity.com/reserve or call 1-800-642-7131. As someone who helps others for a living, your own financial well-being is often the last thing on your mind. That’s why Fidelity is here to help you develop a real, relevant plan for your investments. And we can do it on your terms. Fidelity has over 67 years of investing experience, and as a leading retirement provider to higher education institutions, we’re committed to helping you meet your goals.
Fidelity Session at Hillsborough
A Fidelity representative will be available on-site for one-on-one appointments and education sessions December 3rd from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the Hillsborough HBT Conference Room 11012. Please register at www.fidelity.com/reserve or call 1-800-642-7131. As someone who helps others for a living, your own financial well-being is often the last thing on your mind. That’s why Fidelity is here to help you develop a real, relevant plan for your investments. And we can do it on your terms. Fidelity has over 67 years of investing experience, and as a leading retirement provider to higher education institutions, we’re committed to helping you meet your goals.
TIAA Webinar Sessions
Click here to enroll in any of the following sessions.
- • December 4th from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM – SPECIAL TOPIC: Making gifts to loved ones and charities.
- • December 4th from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM – Gaining Insight: About navigating debt consolidation and understanding the mortgage process.
- • December 5th from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM – Healthy Numbers: About integrating healthcare into your retirement plan.
- • December 5th from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM – Money at Work 1: About foundations of investing.
- • December 6th from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM – Within Reach: About transitioning from career to retirement.
- • December 6th from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM – Charting Your Course: About a financial guide for women.
You can discuss your personal financial situation with an experienced TIAA Financial Consultant on a confidential basis at no additional cost to you. They are available Tuesday, December 11th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM in the Medical School Wing C (old Motel) Room 102 to discuss how to help you pursue your financial goals by investing in financial products such as mutual funds, brokerage, life insurance and annuities. Space is limited, so please RSVP as soon as you can. Register at www.tiaa.org/schedulenow or call 800 732-8353.