As we adjust to the changes to our campus created by the Surgical Tower construction, please help us make the common areas of our hospital as comfortable as possible for our patients and guests. A few reminders about how best to do this may be found here.
- Use sidewalks, crosswalks and follow the instructions provided by traffic control personnel and Hospital Police
- Avoid being dropped off in the traffic pattern in front of the hospital; use Jackson Circle instead
- Use the Cancer Hospital entrance when entering the hospital
- Use the back hallways and support elevators whenever possible
- Avoid taking breaks in the seating areas along the main concourse
- If you use Chapel Hill Transit, consider exiting the bus at the stop at the corner of Manning Dr. and Hospital Dr. (below the Cancer Hospital Bridge). This bus stop provides a shorter path to the hospital entrances and removes the need for staff to walk across traffic to enter the hospital.