Researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill are studying innovative ways to promote healthy eating, physical activity, and weight loss in adults who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes or prediabetes but are not taking medications to manage their diabetes.
We are seeking volunteers to enroll in a 12-week research study that tests a weight loss program that uses an iPhone app, digital health tools, and visits with a weight loss coach.
You may be eligible if you:
- You are 20-65 years old
- Your Body Mass Index is 25 – 40 kg/m2 (link to calculator)
- You are not regularly participating in moderate to vigorous physical activity
- You have an iPhone with a data plan and text messaging
- Have home Wi-Fi access
- You are willing to use a Continuous Glucose Monitor for up to 3 months (will be provided to you free of charge)
- If you are female, you are not pregnant, planning to become pregnant in the next 12 months, or less than 6 months post-partum
- You are willing to attend weekly study visits at the center off of I-40 in Chapel Hill
- You do not have any health conditions or history that would make participating in this study unsafe, unreasonable, or inconsistent with the study goals (this will be assessed by completing the screening questionnaire)
- You are able to obtain consent from your primary care provider to participate
Additional eligibility criteria apply.
If you are interested in participating, please follow this link to learn more about the study and complete a survey to determine if you are eligible: http://www.uncweightresearch.org/t2connect-study
This study has been reviewed by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Non-Biomedical IRB (919-966-3113), Study# 18-1078. Approval date: 4/15/19