Starting Feb. 1, the concourse that runs between the Memorial Hospital lobby and the Children’s Hospital lobby will be closed. During this time, Skanska will be connecting existing infrastructure to infrastructure that will service the UNC Surgical Tower when it is complete, and will be creating more seating for the Terrace Café. The closure is expected to last at least 8 months.
Patients, guests and staff will be directed to use either
- the rear corridor at the top of the Children’s Hospital ramp (near the corner café), especially those using wheelchairs or walkers
- or the temporary corridor that runs from under the stairs to the Terrace Café (in the stage area) to the door next to the Children’s Chapel.
- See a map that includes both routes here
- The temporary corridor does have stairs and is not accessible by wheelchairs, walkers and strollers, etc.
- Those with mobility issues should plan to use the rear corridor that runs past Volunteer Services
- Barriers will be erected during the closure and for the initial phase of the project. Guest Services staff will be positioned at both ends of the closure and throughout the detour routes to help patients and visitors find their way.
- Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org