The UNC School of Medicine is recruiting participants for a phase III clinical trial of a COVID-19 vaccine in an effort to find solutions to the current pandemic. By enrolling in this study, participants will contribute to a potential solution that could solve this global health crisis.
The purpose of this study is to test if an experimental vaccine can protect people from COVID-19 infection and disease. The study vaccine is intended to boost the immune system to produce antibodies against the virus that causes COVID-19; so, in case of an exposure, the virus does not cause illness or would cause less severe illness.
If you would like to be considered for participation, the BEST way to share your information is to join the COVID-19 Prevention Network Registry. You can do that by following these steps:
- Visit https://coronaviruspreventionnetwork.org/
- Scroll to the bottom and select the ‘Volunteer Now’ button
- Follow the prompts on the subsequent pages
- When ask for ‘site code’, please enter CHNC09
- Using our site code will ensure your information is sent to researchers at UNC.