The Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design.
Limited Submissions Internal Call for Proposals:
Johnson and Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program
Eligibility: You must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing, and Design (STEM2D). You must be an assistant female professor or global equivalent faculty position at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school. The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; M.D., Ph.D.
- Technology; Ph.D.
- Engineering; Ph.D.
- Math; M.S., Ph.D.
- Manufacturing; Ph.D.
- Design; M.A., M.S., MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, Ph.D.
- Department head letter of recommendation (addressed to Johnson and Johnson)
- Designate which field for which you are applying (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing, or Design)
- 1,000 words (plus one page of images) detailing your proposed area of research
- Nominee’s CV (limit to 3 pages font size 11) including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work, and two references
- A brief outline of your budget for the proposed research
- Names of three internal (to UNC) experts who could speak knowledgeably about your research as part of an internal review panel, in the event of an internal review. Due to the prompt turn-around, an internal review will be held on the morning of Thursday, October 8, 2020. Please confirm the availability of each potential reviewer prior to your submission.
- Please do not include the names of faculty named on the project, chairs, deans, directors, direct reports, or others who have a conflict of interest
- Please notify all potential internal reviewers before submitting the application packet to ORD
Johnson and Johnson Solicitation: https://www.jnj.com/wistem2d-university-scholars