This three-part series of workshops is for professionals involved with diagnosis and assessment of persons perceived to have autism. The workshop will use a case-oriented style, covering how to use the CARS2 assessment instruments in the diagnoses of autism.
It is applicable in the use of these instruments in telehealth. The first two sessions will include case studies where the participants will practice scoring using the CARS2 High Functioning Version and then the CARS2 Standard Version. The third session in the series will review the factors that help with differential diagnoses.
Dates & Times:
Participants may register for the full event, or select individual session(s). Prices are listed on the Fees & Payment Policy tab.
- Wednesday, September 30, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Childhood Autism Rating Scale, Second Edition (CARS-2) – High Functioning Version
- Friday, October 16, 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Childhood Autism Rating Scale, Second Edition (CARS-2) – Standard Version
- Wednesday, October 28, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Differential Diagnosis and Co-Morbidity
Upon completion of this training, the participant will be able to:
- How to use the CARS Second Edition-High Functioning (CARS2-HF)
- How to use the CARS Second Edition- Standard version (CARS2-ST)
- Assessment techniques and differential diagnosis of ASD versus other psychiatric disorders
This series is intended for psychologists and other professionals who are involved with diagnosis and assessment for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Participants must have access to the CARS2 protocols. Additional information will be sent after attendees complete event registration.
The sessions will be hosted via Zoom. Attendees must have high-speed internet connectivity and a personal Zoom account.