The Mary Kay Foundation is a non-profit public foundation, which focuses on funding research for innovative grants for translational research in ovarian, uterine, breast or cervical cancer.
Limited Submissions Internal Call for Proposals: Mary Kay Foundation Cancer Research Grant
UNC Internal Deadline: 11:59pm, Monday, January 4, 2021
Application Deadline: Friday, February 5, 2021
Program Description: The Mary Kay Foundation is a non-profit public foundation, which focuses on funding research for innovative grants for translational research in ovarian, uterine, breast or cervical cancer. Translational research is broadly defined as research that will provide a scientific link between laboratory research and the clinic. Ultimately, such research would lead to improvement in diagnosis, prognosis, prevention, or treatment of the cancer. The Mary Kay Foundation, a funding source for cancer research, is currently accepting applications for innovative grants for translational research for cancers affecting women, including but not limited to ovarian, uterine, breast and/or cervical cancer. Grants will be awarded in the amount of $100,000 over a two-year period.
Limit on Number of Proposals: Only one grant application will be accepted. PIs must be affiliated with the UNC School of Medicine or the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Eligibility: Applications must only be submitted by one Principal Investigator. The Principal Investigator must be a Full-time Assistant Professor or higher at the time of the application submission. Staff scientists, postdoctoral trainees and instructors are NOT eligible.
Funding Amount: The grant will be up to $100,000 (combined direct and indirect costs) for a two-year period. If indirect costs are requested, they cannot exceed 15%. If selected, the funds will be paid in two payments.
To Apply: Submit the following (in ONE .pdf) to Limited_Submission@unc.edu by 11:59PM, Monday, January 4, 2021.
- PI/Proposed team member’s NIH formatted biosketch (five-page maximum)
- Project Summary (two-page maximum)
- List of potential collaborators (internal and external to UNC)
- Names (including title, department, and email) of three internal (to UNC) experts who could speak knowledgeably about the candidate’s research and who could potentially serve on an internal review panel.
- Please do not include the names of faculty named on the project, chairs, deans, directors, direct reports, or others who have a conflict of interest.
- Please notify all potential internal reviewers before submitting the pre-proposal packet to ORD
Mary Kay Foundation Website: https://www.marykayfoundation.org/causes