UNC Health continues to follow COVID-19 vaccine distribution guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the NC Department of Health & Human Services (NC DHHS). In addition to our Phase 1a teams, we plan to begin vaccinating the Phase 1b, Group 1, which includes anyone who is 75+ years of age, starting on Monday, Jan. 11.
All patients will be required to have an appointment to receive a vaccination, and online scheduling will be available starting Friday, Jan. 8. In the meantime, please encourage patients to visit YourShot.org for the latest facts, information, and scheduling details once finalized. We will also share information with our patients via our websites, social media channels, through targeted emails and via My UNC Chart starting today.
We have also compiled the below messaging for you to share with patients who may contact you:
- Via the phone:
- “Thank you for calling UNC Health. We are excited to offer the latest facts about the COVID-19 vaccines at www.YourShot.org. This mobile-friendly site includes information on the science, safety and availability of the vaccines. We will continue to update it as we learn more.”
- “UNC Health is following the vaccine distribution guidance from the State of North Carolina. As of Monday January 11, we are vaccinating those in Phase 1b who are 75-years-old and older. Patients who meet these criteria will be able to schedule vaccines through www.YourShot.org.”
- “We will contact patients once they are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. In the meantime, we encourage you to visit www.YourShot.org to review the latest information.”
- Via Epic@UNC Smartphrase:
- A new smartphrase “.YOURSHOTINFO” is now available as a resource for providers to share with patients who have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines and includes a direct link to YourShot.org, UNC Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine Hub.
Phase 1A Healthcare Personnel: Schedule Your Shot Today!
If you have been identified in Phase 1a (directly caring for COVID patients), please visit the appropriate link below to complete a brief screening form and schedule your vaccination:
- UNC Health co-workers and providers: Intranet login required
- UNC School of Medicine and UNC Chapel Hill faculty and staff: University ONYEN login required
Phase 1b and Beyond
While Phase 1b, Group 1 is focused on providing a vaccine to everyone age 75 or older, we are already working to prepare for future phases for our patients and co-workers. We will share more information in the near future as we confirm the eligibility for our co-workers in each phase. Please continue to watch your email, the Intranet and YourShot.org for details.
We appreciate your patience as we continue working to provide a vaccine to everyone as soon as possible. Please email COVIDemail@example.com with any questions.