The FPAC role is open to physicians who have an interest in coaching medical students during their pre-clinical years (termed Foundation Phase). Interested applicants should be practicing physicians who have a passion for coaching and supporting students. The FPAC role involves working as part of an integrated team in the Office of Academic Excellence (OAE), having 1:1 meetings with students, providing group sessions on how to learn, study, and take tests successfully.
The OAE will provide training for the FPAC role. The FPAC will work directly with Dr. Christina Shenvi, director of the OAE.
- Work as part of the OAE to provide support for students during their Foundation Phase years.
- Identify Foundation Phase students who need assistance based on exam scores, faculty referrals, and student requests. Meet with students to provide coaching/guidance on skills such as: what resources to use to study well, how to study and learn well, how to take standardized tests, and managing other test-taking concerns.
- Assist students with preparation and creation of study plans for Step 1. Coaching with students may be a one-time event, or may require ongoing, weekly meetings depending on the students’ needs.
- Refer students to the OAE director if additional ongoing tutoring is needed.
- Additional Expectations: Attend twice-monthly Office of Academic Excellence meetings (first and third Thursdays from 10-11:30am) to discuss students who need support, share ideas, and discuss any policies or concerns.
If interested, please send a CV and cover letter to Dr. Christina Shenvi (email@example.com), Director of the Office of Academic Excellence by 3/5/2021.