The “Prevent COVID U” research study, conducted by the COVID-19 Prevention Network through satellite universities around the country, will be launching here at UNC on March 30.
This study is being done to learn if the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine protects individuals from getting infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19), and if it prevents vaccinated individuals from transmitting SARS-CoV-2. In other words, does the Modera vaccine protect the individual who receives the vaccine and also help protect their surrounding community? Not only will this study inform decisions on how to safely lift COVID-19 restrictions, but it also provides two doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to participating UNC students!
Taking part in research is always optional. We are looking for students who want to take part in this research study and who:
• Are between the ages of 18 and 26
• Have never been diagnosed with COVID-19
• Do not have significant medical conditions that would prevent you from getting the COVID-19 vaccination
If you decide to join the study, we would:
• Review the study procedures and expectations with you.
• Obtain informed consent.
• Ask you to complete a questionnaire that helps determine if you are eligible to join the study. This questionnaire should take no longer than 10 minutes.
There is NO cost to participate in the study, and you will be reimbursed for your time, travel, and the inconvenience!
For more information or to sign up for an interest session please visit the study website www.preventcovidu.org.
For questions, or if you are unable to access the website, please contact email@example.com.