|2021 Innovation Pilot Award Winners Announced
The UNC Center for Health Innovation is pleased to announce the winners of the eighth annual Innovation Pilot Awards. Proposals were sought from UNC Health Care and School of Medicine faculty and employees for innovations across a spectrum of areas including care delivery, new technology, advanced analytics, and more!
Three winners emerged from the many strong applications received. The proposals demonstrated clear dedication to improving care for our patients and strengthening our health care system. The winning teams include:
Creation of a large-scale healthcare-centric video training database for next-generation voice restoration technology
· PI: Dr. Carlton J Zdanski, MD, Associate Professor (Otolaryngology)
· Co-PI: Dr. Andrew C Prince, MD, Resident Physician (Otolaryngology)
Stroke Management Training and Inpatient Rehabilitation Discharge Education: The STRIDE Program
· PI: Dr. Jessica Cassidy, PT, DPT, PhD, Assistant Professor (Physical Therapy)
· Co-PI: Dr. John M Baratta, MD, MBA Clinical Assistant Professor (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
Investigating Survivin as a new target to improve outcomes of breast cancer in Black women
· PI: Dr. Yara Abdou, MD, Assistant Professor (Medical Oncology)
For more information on these proposals and other winners from years past, please visit https://www.med.unc.edu/innovation/pilot-award-winners/innovation-pilot-award-winners/.