Please consider this well supported position posting for Director of Simulation, Experiential Learning, and Training.
Please consider this well supported position posting for Director of Simulation, Experiential Learning, and Training. This is an amazing leadership opportunity for a physician with experience and interest in simulation and experiential learning. Please consider applying if you are interested and want to learn more. Please also spread this message widely as we want to ensure that we have a large and diverse applicant pool for this important position.
The School of Medicine seeks a physician to lead the Simulation Experiential Learning and Training Center. Applicants must have at least three years’ experience in medical simulation. This includes but is not limited to:
- Specialized training in using simulation in healthcare education
- Experience with simulator curriculum development and implementation
- Expertise in simulation-based assessment methods
- Knowledge in the operation of a variety of healthcare simulation models
- Experience with simulation-based research
The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated leadership skills, be involved in active clinical practice, and have excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Director Responsibilities: responsibility for the overall design, management, integration, evaluation and enhancement of the Center:
- Strategic Oversight: Provide strategic direction for the Center, act as “Brand Ambassador” inside and outside of the institution, and build relationships with course director, institutional leaders, and other constituent.
- Quality Improvement: Provide leadership to ensure efficient operations of the Center and identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Evaluation: Provide leadership in evaluating the effectiveness of the Center and help disseminate the work of the Center through educational scholarship
- Budgetary Oversight: Oversee budget of the Center to maintain a high functioning center and help with fund raising when needed.
- Supervision: Supervise the Director of Operations and the Clinical Assistant Director
- The Office of Medical Education will support the Director at 30% FTE, not subject to NIH salary cap.